You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery.
Online services offered
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
Ordering repeat prescriptions is quick, easy and convenient to do from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
You should receive a letter from the practice with details of how to register for the service. Once you receive the letter, please visit the Patient Access website: https://www.patientaccess.com/
You will be asked for your name, DOB and a few more details including your email address. You will then be sent an email and asked to click on the link within the email to verify your email address. Once you hve clicked on teh link you will be registered for patient access.
The next step involves linking your patient access account with Marnock Medical Group. When you log into your patient access account you will be asked if you want to link your account with the surgery – please ensure you click on the link which says ‘If your practice is not located in England, click here instead’. You will then be asked to complete the registration screens. The information you need to enter will be in the letter we send out to you. Look after this form carefully until you register, and consider destroying it afterwards. If you lose the form or if it is stolen before you have entered your password and security details, contact the practice straight away, by telephone or via skmyGP.
Remember to enter the information exactly as it appears on this form, or your registration will not be accepted. When you log on after registering, you must also enter all details in exactly the same format.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 16 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish. Further information about Proxy Access
Patient Access Video Tutorials
Please note some of these services may not yet be available at the Practice. Please check with reception.
Tools and apps
List of self-management tools and apps that have been developed or approved by NHS Scotland.
The Patient Responsibility
You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. You also understand that you can withdraw consent at any time by simply notifying the Practice in writing.
- Where access is granted to your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The Email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the Partners. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patients registered home address.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy especially if requesting an item not on your repeat prescription record.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.